Pages

April 06, 2018

Hallelujah is Our Song

We are the Easter people and Hallelujah is our song.
-St. Pope John Paul II-


Christ is risen, Hallelujah!

I have been so blessed this Holy Week and Easter. Now that I'm living elsewhere because of school, I am happy to find myself close to two different parishes that offer the traditional Mass. Every Sunday that I go, I find myself falling more and more in love with this beautifully reverent, timeless Mass. And this Easter, particularly the Vigil... was wonderful beyond words.

I joined our choir to prepare some polyphony for Holy Week. Nothing makes me feel like I'm flying more than singing four-part sacred music with a talented choir. It's the most iridescent feeling, the most angelic sound. I am certain that heaven must sound like it.

I thought I'd share the sequence from Easter Sunday. It's just such a beautiful text.

Christians! to the Paschal Victim offer your thankful praises.
The Lamb the sheep redeemeth: Christ, who only is sinless, reconcileth sinners to the Father.
Death and life have contended in that conflict stupendous: the Prince of Life, who died, deathless reigneth.
Speak, Mary, declaring what thou sawest wayfaring.
"The tomb of Christ who now liveth: and likewise the glory of the Risen.
Bright Angels attesting, the shroud and napkin resting.
Yea, Christ my hope is arisen: to Galilee He goeth before you."
We know that Christ is risen, henceforth ever living: Have mercy, Victor King, pardon given.
Amen. Alleluia.

No comments:

Post a Comment