Pages

April 06, 2018

it's been a while.

Hello there friends. It's been a while. I've missed this space.

I can't believe it's already the beginning of April. It's been quite the year. I'm already nearing exam season, coming to the end of my first year in nursing school.

I'm so happy to finally be in nursing - I've dreamed of this for so long. It's been beyond cool to learn all of the things I've been learning. I like knowing new things. It's almost like I can feel my mind expanding. Also, I'm no health freak, but all of a sudden I have this incredible over-arching awareness of all things related to health. "Health" having more of an broad definition than I ever would have imagined before. I'm in love with the idea of nursing from a Christian perspective - I am so blessed to be able to study in a Christian university for my program. What other nursing program allows their anatomy & physiology prof to talk during lab about moral issues such as abortion and euthanasia? I'm also so grateful to have the relationships I do have with my profs. My nursing profs in particular are so wonderful - they're like second moms to most of the nursing students here.

I can't wait to be a full-fledged nurse, but the thought of that also scares me sometimes. There's so much more to learn - I've barely scratched the surface this year. I guess I've just got to keep plodding along, doing my best. I have a feeling my next three years are going to fly by just as this last one did. Yet another terrifying thought.

Anyway, I just wanted to check in. Let you know I'm still kicking around. I think there might be a couple of posts coming along soon... a few thoughts have been percolating in my mind lately.

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment